The Connected City Platform
A connected revolution is underway. Will you be a part of it?
Smart cities are no longer a question of ‘if’ or ‘when’. They are a revolution happening now, with towns and cities across the country realising the economic and social benefits of adopting modern WiFi infrastructure.
In the midst of this connectivity revolution, however, local authorities are facing a myriad of challenges to innovate, participate and reap the benefits.
- Funding / budget cuts (managing projects and long-term affordability)
- Digital inclusion and transformation priorities
- Emerging technologies / access to infrastructure
- Central government policy / legislation
To meet these challenges head on and turn them into opportunities, there is no doubt that our urban ecosystems – from transport and parking, to refuse collection, healthcare and street-lighting, to lifestyle and tourism – need to become smarter and more connected, with the efficiencies, productivity and sustainability harnessed from such widespread proliferation of future digital innovation driving social, civic and commercial value akin to the arrival of the internet.
What Makes The Connected City Platform Unique?
'Blanket', seamless connectivity
Unique, combined high-density WiFi and enterprise-grade LPWAN network, providing seamless, ‘blanket’ coverage across entire city centre areas.
Public WiFi connectivity for residents and visitors:
LPWAN connectivity for future public and private sector applications:
- Smart Cities services
- Internet of Things deployments
- Virtual and Augmented reality
- Autonomous vehicles and Drones
- Artificial Intelligence
Mobile application platform: 'Citi-Wise'
App of Apps: Acting as the ‘digital key’ to the town or city, with a best-in-class user experience, providing access to the best of ‘what’s on’ and tourism / resident services, in partnership with national / global content providers, local authorities, BIDs and tourism groups.
- Restaurant and takeaway booking
- Attraction and event tickets
- Vouchers and shopping information
- Taxis and parking booking
- Hotel reservations
- Planner function
- Smart / IoT services integration
Universal analytics engine, reporting / analysing valuable insights into how the city and its inhabitants interact.
Enhanced visibility / engagement with residents and visitors
- Retail and local business dwell time
Potential for real-time, smart service insights / benefits
- Public transport efficiency
- Traffic reduction
- Energy saving
- Waste management
- Pollution monitoring
Small Cells and 5G readiness
Small cells meet the capacity challenges of currently over-burdened mobile networks, preparing cities for a certain 5G future.
- Meeting increasing consumer and business demand for seamless, robust coverage, wherever they are
- Utilises same street assets and furniture as WiFi / LoRaWAN networks
- Flexible, adaptable and cost-effective design and deployment, tailored to customer needs
- Relationships with mobile network operators (MNOs), facilitated end-to-end
Research / innovation growth
Supporting academia and other innovation stakeholders through the enablement of robust city-wide connectivity and engaged audiences.
- Deployment of live Smart City / IoT projects for research and commercial purposes
- Supporting start-ups, incubators and accelerators
- Test-bed and knowledge sharing
If you are a local authority looking to provide public WiFi or seeking a connectivity solution for Smart Cities, the IoT or 5G / Small Cells in your town or city, or if you are interested in partnering with us around the Connected City Platform in any of our forthcoming town and city roll-outs, we'd love to explain more about who we are and what we do.